Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Reading Thing 2009

I saw this challenge at S.Krishna's blog and couldn't just pass it by :)

The main link for this challenge could be found here ..

Essentially, Spring Reading Thing 2009 is a fun, low-pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone. It will take place March 20th-June 20th (which is, coincidentally, the spring of 2009).

To participate, here’s what you need to do:

  • Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this spring.
  • Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). This is completely optional.
  • Write a blog post including the list of books you want to read and any additional goals you’ve set, and get ready to post it on your blog on March 20th.
  • Visit this blog on March 20th to sign up. I’ll have a Mr. Linky set up that morning, so you can submit a link to your personal Spring Reading Thing post, and it will be added to the master list.
  • Read! Work on your goals throughout Spring 2009.
  • Report your results. Write another blog post in June to let everyone know how you did.
  • Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your spring reading.

My goal is to read 10 books from my tbr books!! I'm not sure I'll stick to this list but I will try my best!

1. Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

2. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

3. Immoral by Brian Freeman

4. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

5. Red by Erica Spindler

6. Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan

7. See No Evil by Allison Brennan

8. Fear No Evil by Allison Brennan

9. Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson

10. Cold Blooded by Lisa Jackson


Update: I've only read 4 out of 10 books.. Better luck next time :)

8 comments:

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Looks like a good list! Enjoy!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I've seen The Graveyard Book pop up on a few people's lists and it has me curious... I'll have to check it out. Enjoy your reading and thanks for being part of the challenge!

Anonymous said...

I read lovely bones.. it was good! Have fun reading this spring :-)

Nise' said...

I just finished Erica Spindler's new book, it was good. Enjoyed the Evil series by Allison Brennan.

Ter said...

I have read The Lovely Bones. It wasn't a bad book. I think I did a review of it on my blog.

Ashley Wells said...

Enjoy your books and reading!

-Ashley

Mimi N said...

Wow, a list of all new authors to me! Enjoy your Spring reading!1

Blessings,
Mimi B
Woven by Words

Desert Rose said...

PisecoMom, thanks :)

Katrina, yeah I've read a number of reviews about it and so it piqued my interest..thanks for weocoming me :)

Lindsay, thanks and it's great to know that the book was good :)

Nise', that's good to know.. I started the second book in the Evil series and it's looking good.

Ter, good to know so that if I read and and review it I'll link to your review :) "my new policy"

Ashley, thanks.. you enjoy yours too :)

bigguysmama, thanks and enjoy yours :)