This is the main link for the challenge.
What It’s All AboutDo you love Indie/Self-Pub publishers and authors? Are you considering trying out Indie written novels, but need that motivation to get going? Then this challenge might just be what you’re looking for!
- The Main Rule: Read novels by self-published authors and Indie publishers.
- Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December 2012!
- Crossover Genres: Anything! As long as it’s Indie it doesn’t matter.
- Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
The How To
- Choose Your Level: These are listed further down and you can change levels at any time.
- Grab The Badge: Place it somewhere on your blog, profile, or in a signature where possible and link back (main page or this page, it’s up to you).
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (only if allowed) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link!
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment!
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional, but greatly appreciated when it comes to indie novels! If you do review we’d love for you to share them, by submitting them on the Review Page (including social networks).
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the Completion Post page!
- Tentative– Choose 5 books to read
- Having a Go – Choose 15 books to read
- Getting Into It – Choose 30 books to read
- Anti-Stigma – Choose 50 books to read
- Won Over – Choose 75 books to read
- Indie Lover – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Professionally What? – Choose between 136-200 books to read
Extra ChallengesIf you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Tentative and Having a Go: Choose one country
- Level Getting Into It and Anti-Stigma: Choose two countries
- Level Won Over to end of Indie Lover: Choose three countries
- Level Professionally What?: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.